My SQL and Squirrel Cart

calvinmcdaniel

Totally new to MySQL. Just purchased a shopping cart called Squirrel Cart. It required setting up user name, password and database. I have followed the Squirrel Cart instructions to set these up and the database is created; however, the Squirrel Cart software cannot connect to mysql database when username, password and database are supplied.

Any suggestions how to resolve this. Would someone be willing to look at the config.htm from Squirrel Cart that was created to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Calvin

That's true. After creating the database, I added "Grant all privileges *.* to 'calvinmcdaniel'@'localhost' identified by 'perrydog;

I've read a couple articles about mysql adding prefixed to usernames and another about not using the ' around password.

Squirrel Cart support hasn't really helped. They say it has to be something with mysql.

In their config file store.php, it wants you to add the following :

$sql_host = 'localhost';

$sql_username = 'calvinmcdaniel';
$sql_password = 'perrydog';

$db = 'c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 5.0\data\framedata;

Do these look correct. Framedata is the name of my database to connect to.

Thanks
Calvin

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.