phpinfo problem

Ninjakreborn

YOu will want to the Zipped package and thats it. The extensions you want come with PHP by default. In order to use them once PHP is installed and setup you will need to enable them in the php.ini, by removing the semi-colon from the start of [tt]extension=bla blah[/tt], example to enable the mysql extension
you change this line:
[tt];extension=php_mysql.dll[/tt]
to this:
[tt]extension=php_mysql.dll[/tt]

When you have done that your save the php.ini (and now the important step) and then restart Apache.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, that makes sense.

However going through the php library.

I was looking at a few functions I KNOW I wanted, a lot of them said you needed an external lib file.
Do thoes come zipped with it.

FOr instance, curl (just one example) in the php manual, said I needed the proper download with it, to get it to work.
I don't know how many are like that.  or are those included in the zip file as well?

Most of the extensions that come with PHP come with the external modules, yes. For example mysql library (and mysql improved library) depend upon an external library called libmysql.dll (this comes with PHP and is in the root of the PHP folder). When you enble the mysql extension you should copy this file to the WINDOWS folder otherwise PHP wont be able to load the mysql extension.

NOTE: It is a good idea to add the PHP folder to the Windows PATH variable. This eliminates having to move PHP's files around as well as help with extensions loading correctly.

[quote]Then using PEAR you can download PECL libraries[/quote]
What do you mean by that one sentence there.

Because the laptop isn't connected to the internet?
Or did you mean something else?

Do I need to take the whole pecl library zipfile over to the laptop as well, for after I run the PEAR install?

I am not experienced with PEAR, so i may be wrong, but you use PEAR to install extra libraries from PECL, PEAR and user submitted libraries/extension. Yes it downloads them from the net (pear.php.net). So if your laptop is not connected to the net then don't use PEAR unless you download the packages manually onto a PC/laptop that is connected and then transfer the libraries/extensions you downloaded on to your laptop and the run PEAR to install them.

Ok, is there a place you can downlaod them directly.

Then setup pear, and hte other's to take care of the rest.

Or put htem all in a folder, and have the pear program check there, instead of online?

I just installed the package of PECL on there, so I have the pecl library.

just wondering about the rest?

Thanks.

Note:
To random people, that want to randomly insult people through PM, don't agian, or I am reporting you for harrasment.

Not saying any names, but don't really have time to waste on people like that.

Also, off a tutorial I am following to do the installation, I see here, it says download Mysql 5
I started downloading it, it's like 45 MB, is this the right file, or am I looking in the wrong place.
Mysql 5.0.27-win32.zip
This is the right mysql file right.

Because when I installed Wamp, the entire file itself was barely 2 megabytes (or I think it only took 3-4 minutes to get a full download, it was like 2. something megabytes??

Would you rather I say it here? Okay. I simply pointed out that for someone who claims to be a writer, which you do on your site, you make a lot of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. You're making very fraudulent claims on your site about your level of expertise and I think it's pretty ridiculous. I would never hire someone who can't be bothered to fix simple mistakes such as these, and I'm amazed you've taken advantage of your "clients" the way you apparently have.

"In the world of web development, there are a lot of web developers out there who are not what they seem. They do bad practices, or have bad habits, and don't treat there clients right. I am a freelance web developer, that likes handling all your web development needs, and try my hardest to satisfy everything you might need done, in a timely, and professional manner."

This alone should tell your visitors you ARE one of those developers.

Ok thanks.
So then I think I have everything, I have downloaded the
[quote]apache 2.2.4 installer
php 5.2.0
mysql I showed you
phpmyadmin 2.5.7
PECL 5.2.0 Win32[/quote]
I have downloaded all of those, putting them on the flash drive, and trying to install them tonight, I found a tutorial to walk me through the whole process.

On mysql, what version do you suggest, if I make programs for mysql 5.0+
is it going ot be backwards compatible with 4, because i had a program I installed on my server awihle back, that was made for php 4, he fixed it for me because I ahd paid for it, and he told me it was originally created for mysql 4, so he had to make some adjustments.  Will I have any of these type of problems using mysql 5, as opposed to mysql 4
What are your opinions.

Thanks?

[quote]Would you rather I say it here? Okay. I simply pointed out that for someone who claims to be a writer, which you do on your site, you make a lot of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. You're making very fraudulent claims on your site about your level of expertise and I think it's pretty ridiculous. I would never hire someone who can't be bothered to fix simple mistakes such as these, and I'm amazed you've taken advantage of your "clients" the way you apparently have.

"In the world of web development, there are a lot of web developers out there who are not what they seem. They do bad practices, or have bad habits, and don't treat there clients right. I am a freelance web developer, that likes handling all your web development needs, and try my hardest to satisfy everything you might need done, in a timely, and professional manner."

This alone should tell your visitors you ARE one of those developers[/quote]
Normally what you said would react in me cussing, getting banned for 2 days.
But I haven't liked you since I first saw you, so I am going to ignore what you said.

I never said I am a writer, I simply like writing, and do it as a hobby.
I am a web developer, and I do it well enough to know what I am doing, and plenty well enough to get paid for it, I do it 11 hours a day, other than that, I will ignore everything you siad.

You want to to talk about someone, go talk to your mom.  You have no right popping in my past, and startign crap out of nowhere.

I never asked you to pop in with your stupid half wit comments anyway.

My mom's dead, you jerk!
*runs off crying*

I didn't start crap dude. I sent you a PM pointing out that your sentences make no sense. Perhaps if you took the time to write coherently, you'd get more help, since people would understand what the heck you're talking about. Then you posted here that I was insulting you, so I figured I might as well, since you were already insulted.

Business, I would highly suggest installing Apache, then configuring MySQL to work with it, then add in PHP.  After that, install the libraries yourself. Follow the instructions and don't skip a step because "you know it" and you should do fine. I highly recommend following my advice because you will learn a lot, as others have stated as well.

Ok, yes, I already decided to do it myself, I have everything downloaded, I am going to try it tonight.

So I will do
apache, then mysql, then php.
Then phpmyadmin
perfect.

Last question, here you siad
[quote]After that, install the libraries yourself. [/quote]
Ok, what do you mean here.  WHen I looked over all the posts up there, I had gathered PHP itself would have everything I needed (library wise), then I also (the tutorial I am following), tells me to download the PECL file, which contains all the pecl functions.  So now that should be everything right?
Or did you mean something else?

[quote]Last question, here you siad
After that, install the libraries yourself.
Ok, what do you mean here.  WHen I looked over all the posts up there, I had gathered PHP itself would have everything I needed (library wise), then I also (the tutorial I am following), tells me to download the PECL file, which contains all the pecl functions.  So now that should be everything right?
Or did you mean something else?[/quote]
I still had a question about that above, but i wanted to add another question into that.

This is something I have been disturbed about for a long time.

I have "my entire life" heard of people having either a window's or mac operating system for there desktop or laptop computer.

I have never heard someone say they had a unix/linux operating system on there computer.  No-one I have ever met.  Is it in existence ,or is unix/linux/solaris something else.

Is it something that can be installed on windows, the reason I am asking, again I never heard someone mention having a computer, with that type of operating system.  I only hear about them with server's, if so, what is better for a desktop computer
windows, linux, unix, or mac.

I have been wondering about this for a very long time.

Unix and its derivatives (Linux, BSD, and Solaris) are all very capable of being used on a desktop or laptop computer. I'm writing this from my Gentoo Linux laptop (www.gentoo.org), and have had Linux on desktops, servers, and laptops at my house for over two years. (I've attached a screenshot, in case you're curious.) The power of *nix (*nix represents "Unix and anything like it") is that you can choose - you can choose to install a GUI or not, you can choose the desktop manager to use (I use Xfce - other popular WMs include Gnome, KDE, and Fluxbox), and you can choose to enable or disable nearly every feature in your system. Some Linux distributions come small enough to fit entirely on a 64M Flash drive (see http://www.damnsmalllinux.org) - that result is achieved by only including the bare essentials and few of the little nifty extras.

I know I'm not the only one using *nix as a day-to-day operating system, and maybe we could continue this discussion in another thread - but I would prefer if we could keep this topic on subject. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, I have to ask about this.

There is something wrong with php info ON my computer specifically.
I was thinking about trying his other solution of wimp, but I couldn't give up on apache.  It has nothing to do with apache.
Apache, mysql, php, phpmyadmin, all work perfectly.  NOTHING with php info come's up.

I don't care how stupid I seem now, I am fairly competent.  What happened was
I installed wamp, it all went perfect, (except phpinfo() would not run on any page
Then I did a manual install, everything finally went well, until phpinfo() wouldn't work, then I corrupted it by messing with it, trying to make it work.

Then I tried XXamp, everything worked, again except phpinfo()

Is there anything that could be related to my operating system, or my computer specifically I need to change, to allow me to use phpinfo()?

That is strange.

I went to https://localhost
and it worked.

What is going on, was this the problem the entire time.

As soon as I changed it over to https, the thing worked entirely, flawlessly.

Why was that giving me so many problems this whole time.

Would that have fixed it when I did wamp, and hte manual install, I don't understand this at all.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.