Small Business Application

aball65

I would appreciate any comments on an application I am in the process of developing for a friend's lawn mower business.

[a href=\"http://www.addtis.com/htdocs/lawnmower/login.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.addtis.com/htdocs/lawnmower/login.html[/a]

You can use the following username and password to log on:

username = demo
password = demo

Thanks in advance

Service and repair? I thought you meant mowing lawns.
First things first: Get rid of everything above your DTD. If you don't, then IE will go into quirks mode and screw up your site miserably. Second, dump the background and button colors-rather to just use the default buttons. I don't really like what you've done with your navigation. All buttons and no text links? What's up with that? Aside from that, this is an exceedingly simple app that should work for a simple company. Won't win any design awards though.
Almost forgot: TABLES ARE EVIL! GET RID OF THE TABLES!

First off - get rid of that background. Just put a normal background - a very light green etc. and put the tractor logo somewhere - definately not tiled.

The pdf out is nice.
Didnt get excel out to work.

It is very basic as mentioned previously. It needs a proper design and website - sometimes the most important part of a web application.

Thats my 2 cents. Also you need to check for bugs. It could also do with an injection of "ease of use" as it is a bit rote. For searching via dates - how about a javascript calendar?
Anyways - nice work done - more to do.
-steve

I didn't spend a ton of time with it, but enough to find these gripes:

1) the background... really bad and really huge. Lose it.
2) You don't show anything by default. You don't help the user navigate. When I click on a report, show me a default report with the form to modify the parameters. And when you have a form that has a date in it, fill in the current date, or a specified time period. Throw in a time period of a few days or something.

Short of that, it's really very simple and I'm not crazy about the colors. I think it would help to give the entire thing some definition with some borders and whatnot.

It's a good start, but it needs some work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.