Getting value of a form object

shan_cool

[!--quoteo(post=349799:date=Feb 27 2006, 06:44 AM:name=shan_cool)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shan_cool @ Feb 27 2006, 06:44 AM) [snapback]349799[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi all,

I want to get a value of a text box in a same form.
how can i do it?

can anybody help me?
Thanks,
Shan
[/quote]

$_POST['text box name here'];

[!--quoteo(post=350145:date=Feb 28 2006, 12:20 AM:name=shan_cool)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shan_cool @ Feb 28 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]350145[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
hi,
Thanks for ur reply,It does not work.

shan
[/quote]

What are you trying to do with it? You have to press submit for PHP to get involved.

Assume the filename is "thisfile.php".
[code]
<?php
$name = $_POST['name'];
print $name;
?>
<form action="thisfile.php" method="post"><input name="name"><input type="submit"></form>
[/code]

This will print what ever you put in the field after you submit it. The page does have to reload.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.