$hop = $_POST['s_radio'];
$map1 = $_POST['s_map1'];
$map2 = $_POST['s_map2'];
$map3 = $_POST['s_map3'];
$nomap = "No Map";
$honor = "> $h_from < $h_to";
//if a username wasnt entered, then search all the other crap
if ($username == ''){
$sql = "SELECT * FROM AAForm WHERE Favourite_map_1 IN ('$map1', '$map2', '$map3') AND Favourite_map_2 IN ('$map1', '$map2', '$map3') AND Favourite_map_3 IN ('$map1', '$map2', '$map3') ORDER BY Honor_Level ASC";
$query=mysql_query($sql);
// show the collected data
// a table showing results
echo "Here are the results matching your request:<br>";
echo "<table border='.1'><tr><td><b>Username</b></td><td><b>Honour Level</b></td><td><b>Map 1</b></td><td><b>Map 2</b></td><td><b>Map 3</b></td></tr>";

}
while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($query)){
echo "<tr><td>{$row['AA_Username']}</td><td>{$row['Honor_Level']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1]}</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";
?>

i cannot under stand why im getting "Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/essexrac/public_html/joe/other/search.php on line 26"
line 26 is the ?>
ive changed it around many many times, and checked to see if all the { and } were in right places and all the ; are on ends of lines...

<?php
mysql_real_escape_string($input);
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

$db_host="--";
$db_name="--";
$db_user="--";
$db_pass="--";

$dbc=mysql_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass) OR DIE (mysql_error());
$dbs=mysql_select_db($db_name) OR DIE (mysql_error());
?>

never had a problem with this code.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]if ($username == '')[/quote]

Try changing this line ^ to: if ($username == "")

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]$honor = "> $h_from < $h_to";[/quote]

and this line ^ to: $honor = "> " . $h_from . " < " . $h_to;

let me know if it works

made no diffrence :(.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/essexrac/public_html/joe/other/search.php on line 26

with db.php, i have it linked to another server, but that server is a bit messed up, it dont work proply. when i load the server from my IE, it crashes it... could that be the problem?
www.think-gaming.com

i doubt it. a parse error usually happens if you misspell something, or miss something out for example: you could miss out $, ;, "" anything

To be honest i think your coding is all messed up. there is no structure to it. you should just re-write it or i could do it for a small fee for you and get the whole thing working

ive kinda narrowed it down..

while ($row=mysql_fetch_array($query)){
echo "<tr><td>{$row['AA_Username']}</td><td>{$row['Honor_Level']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td><td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1]}</td></tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

doesnt like that

The problem is in this line:
[code]<?php
?>[/code]

You are missing a single quote at the end of the second "Favorite_map_1".

I think it's much better to break up long lines like this into many shorter lines in PHP. It's much easier to debug and paste into this forum.

[code]<?php
$tmp = "<tr><td>{$row['AA_Username']}</td>";
$tmp .= "<td>{$row['Honor_Level']}</td>";
$tmp .= "<td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td>";
$tmp .= "<td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td>";
$tmp . = "<td>{$row['Favourite_Map_1']}</td></tr>"; // added missing single quote
echo $tmp;
?>[/code]

Ken

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.