Best Distro for This Situation

Balmung-San

Okay, so I'm about to convince my manager that our current webserver is bad, and needs to be replaced (it's Windows 2000 Server, running IIS5 :o). I'm going to propose to him a switch to Linux, Apache, SQLite, and of course, PHP. However, it's no use bringing up Linux without a specific distro in mind, and that's where I'm having problems. I just can't decide which distro is best for my situation. Our only real requirements are that it needs to be free, and needs to have some sort of extra security (such as SELinux, etc.).

Any suggestions?

I'd looked into CentOS before, however I'm a little unsure of it due to lack of documentation on the website. What kind of security features does it have?

I hadn't considered Debian yet, which I'm thinking is a bit of an oversight on my part. I've heard that Debian is a pretty good one, but I can't find much on security features on their site. What does it offer for security features? It seems to me like what they have up on the website is things that ever distro has.

CentOS does not offer much on its web site because it is exactly the same as RedHat Just free!

The releces are made at almost identical times. 

Resion being some of the people who origionaly wrote the RedHat components when it was free did not want to pay for it.  There for the only real diffrence is that theres no paid support.  All of there rpms for redhat work on CentOS, and there is tones of help out there, as its the same as RedHat help.  I would realy recomend CentOS 4.4 as its sercure, simple, and stable!! (plus yum is a really time saving feature!)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.