Running scripts automatically

Ge64

[!--quoteo(post=349884:date=Feb 27 2006, 05:56 PM:name=craygo)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(craygo @ Feb 27 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]349884[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
if your web server uses cron jobs, you can run a script every hour with that. Do a search on cron jobs here and you should find it no problem.

Ray
[/quote]

No it doesnt, but is there software to run php scripts at certain times so I can put it on one of my 24/7 pc's and run it remotely?

[!--quoteo(post=349910:date=Feb 27 2006, 07:23 PM:name=joecooper)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(joecooper @ Feb 27 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]349910[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
let me know if your still looking for one, i could whip up a visual basic program for you to run it
[/quote]

Do you have code to run sql queries on remote mysql servers? Because that would be even better but probably a lot of work. What I need is a few scripts that need to run at all sorts of times, like every day or every hour, or totally random. You would only need to use an Inet control because I have the files on a HTTP server with PHP so you only have to run them then, don't think thats really hard to do right? I would actually do it myself but I lost my VS cd :(

Let me know if you feel like doing that...

[!--quoteo(post=349917:date=Feb 27 2006, 07:36 PM:name=joecooper)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(joecooper @ Feb 27 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]349917[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
tell me the files you want to run, and at what times, and ill add it to the cron jobs on my server
[/quote]

The site isnt finished yet so I don't know... Is there a cron jobs module for apache2?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.