Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gidiag

registration

hello everyone. i am really new at this, i have got a registeration page(register.html) and i also have a index page..now what am i trying to do is make the Registration button on the index page accessable i.e when you click on the registrat ion button it takes you to the registration form.

pls how do i get started?

cheers

what code have you got so far?

to simply post the data to the index page (i am assuming it is index.php) you could use
[code]<form method="post" action="index.php">
<!-- Registration form here -->
<input type='submit' value='Register'>
</form>[/code]

sorry i mis-read the question to put a link to you registration form on your index page the code is:
[code]<a href="register.html">Register</a>[/code]

but this is html not php so i think it should be in the html forum

just have it as a link

<a href="registration.html">Register</a>

I suspect you will be back on here fairly soon...

hello, thks for your reply but do i put that code in a new php file or i paste it in the register.html file?

regards

paste it in whichever file you want to display a link to register.html, you originally said your index page so put it in there.

hi, i added the line to my code and wen i click on register it outputs "No file exists at the address “/Users/imanjones/Documents/register.html”.
but the file is in my documents folder....

are you sure that both files are in the same directory? if so are you sure that register.html is a valid html file and you have not miss-typed on a filename? or did u save it as .htm rather than .html?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.