coming soon page

jcombs_31

I'm loving the error message. I found a sweet little piece of code that checks to see if the domain name that is entered actually exists. It's just another way to help validate the e-mail. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig it up for you.

When you enter a correct e-mail maybe a message could come up in place of the error message saying that the e-mail was recieved. Just a thought.

I'm loving the error message. I found a sweet little piece of code that checks to see if the domain name that is entered actually exists. It's just another way to help validate the e-mail. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll dig it up for you.

When you enter a correct e-mail maybe a message could come up in place of the error message saying that the e-mail was recieved. Just a thought.

I will once I actually make the mailing list work.  I may use a little ajax so I don't have to refresh the page.  Should give a nice  little effect.

Sorry this is off topic, but Jcombs, what do you charge your clients hourly.  I am very, very impressed with your graphic design work.  I may send you a personal message today with an offer I have been wanting to ask you about.  I am in need of another graphic designer, I am talking to a few, but I wanted to ask you about it too.

Make sure not to rely on Javascript alone for checking email addresses. As KnottyAlder said, its simple to check if a email, or domain name has an email via telnet 25 or something more elegant. You wouldnt want a load of nonexistant emails when sending a mailing list.

-steve

Load times are fine... but I imagine some of it is cached... it was a little slow the first time I pulled it up.

Looks good, but possibly just slightly choppy on the spin.  Might look good to add a little "sparkle" on the tip of the guitar or the mic or something.

Sidenote:... the music is kind of generic... not really "original", IMO.

I too had an initial wait of @ 8 to 9 seconds or so before anything loaded (Firefox). But, again, the usual rules aren't as strict with an entertainment site. I would recommend having something quick and fixed display while the loading is going on.

People with dial-up or slow dsl will be waiting with nothing to do for an uncomfortably long time. You should give them something to read or look at.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.