#1 Indesign

Indesign
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:59 AM

:oops: Hi there!

I have recently tried to install the latest version of apache on Win XP, but it did not like it, so I reverted to Apache 1.3x no problems, with the install.

I also had the same problem with the latest version of PHP, so I performed a similar action and reverted to an earlier version. I now think that both are installed...well nearly correct!

I have designed some PHP pages using Dreamweaver for the client side GUI. When I test these pages locally, or run them on Apache via a local network the page appears correctly (as seen in the Dreamweaver IDE) but have an unwanted line of code at the top of each page (\"; ?>). This code is placed outside of the page border, can be highlighted but not edited. What has caused this problem, is it a installation fault or dreamweaver code fault??

Please help!
Cheers Guys! [br]InDesign

#2 mark_aok

mark_aok
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 02:48 PM

In Dreamweaver go to the code viewing, and find out where this is. When you find it if you cannot delete it add this to the beginning <? , since ?> is the ending of php as you know this could be the ending of a php section, plz message back with a bit more info...

-hope this helps,
Mark

#3 Indesign

Indesign
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 21 April 2003 - 07:39 PM

Hi MArk,thaks for the reply.

I have already viewed the code looking for syntax errors, the code seems to be ok, although I found that if I delete the following code, which is placed at the top of the source code, the error disapears.

<?php echo \"<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"iso-8859-1\"?\".\">\"; ?>
<!DOCTYPE html (View Source for full doctype...)>

From this you can see the code that is being shown. If I delete all of this will there be other side effects that are not shown at present?

Thanks fr your help mate! :?
Cheers Guys! [br]InDesign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users