My custom CMS

A very nice system, I received no php errors so I have no advice for you there ;)

only a small bit of design advice:

you should probably remove the (comming eventually) for your download of the day untill you get it running.

A neat way I do it is i set a constant for every system i have (true for operational, false for not) and that way you can say if(__DL_DAY__) echo "foobar" (or what ever you wish to name your constant) and it you want to get even more fancy you can set the constant based on a value from your database

on a side note you could use variable in the same way but the nice thing about constants is that once they are set at the execution of your script is that they cannot be modified for the rest of the execution... i find this useful because there's no accidentally changing a variable the could give you an error else where on your page

There is a difference between the beta test board and the website review board. If you just want critique for your site it belongs in the review board.

I just noticed one thing: "Time elapsed: 0.042178869247437 seconds - Queries (9)" - the end-user does not care about it, and s/he probably doesn't know what it means anyways. For the navigation: I was expecting them to be buttons instead of links, but I had to move my cursor "all the way" to the actual text instead of being able to click the button.

I noticed there was a lack of padding (spacing) throughout.

The + (plus) signs on the navigation labeled sections made me think I could minimize them.

The links on the navigation could use the style-

display: block;

width: 100%;

...so that the link stretches the rectangle.

Before you're done, you should remove all of those comments left in the html and clean up the javascript.

Can't help too much on the PHP side unless I saw the source. Looks like you're doing a good job seperating out the sections but you have everything setup with the "view-#"... wondering how you went about this. Thanks, hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.