[SOLVED] file testing programs

Ninjakreborn

Does anyone know of a site that has a group of file's with different extensions for a developer to test with.  When you are trying to create, or work on a file management/handling system there has to be an easy way to test different file types into the system safely.  If I start running around downloading random filetypes I will get virus's is there a place with very small, like less than 60k file's or something roughly along those lines so they load faster.  With very little in them, just enough to see if the players you have embedded in the html will actually work.  instead of my having to hunt down # rm

# ram files for the real media, and .mov file's for the windows player, and swf for flash, I was wondering if there is a quicker way.  A site with all these extensions as test file's or something.  Once I get copies of the file's I can save them on the computer, and use the same file's to retest the new system's that are the same type?

Any advice, links, or anything else?

thanks.

I was hoping so.  I have tried looking.  Some of the extensions I can't trust.  For instance, looking up .mov file's alone.  Googling for it brings up nothing but questionable content.  It's very easy to get a virus.  Then when I search other extensions they are scarce to impossible to find, I was hoping of reliable sources so I can get ahold of testing file's.  That are less likely to have viruses.  I wasn't meaning someone to hand me the file's, but I assume everyone here who ever has to test whether something plays a file must have test file's.  Maybe some url's or terms on google I could search for to find a good area to download these test file's would be appreciated.

Ok, I have a client (had a few actually) that want video/audio upload capabilities.  Seeing that I didn't know what filetypes to allow, and what not, I did some searching.  Found a link someone had given me awhile back.

http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php

That is the link.  It has the realmedia, windows player, quicktime, and flash player.

So each one plays it's own filetypes.

Those are

• rm
  • ram
  • mov
  • wmv
  • wma
  • swf

Those are the one's that play, atleast.

There are other filetypes but those are guaranteed to play.  i can figure out the rest later.  However I wanted to test each player to make sure it's working atleast.  I need atleast 1 for realplayer, one for windows media player, one for quicktime, and one for the flash player.  I needed to find some test file's that aren't so huge they take 30 minutes to upload (it's just testing), as well as being safe so I can trust them.  I just want really small test file's of each time, I can load into the system to test everything out, make sure I don't need ot make adjustments/corrections where needed.  The ultimate reason I need the test file's is to make sure the players are embedded correctly, and that I am dynamically passing the data into the players correctly.  After this works out I want to form these players into functions, as a set of functions.  Then I can replicate these functions later for other like system's when they want video/audio capabilities.  The second time around won't require testing because the functions have been created and testing, however I still have to make it through the testing phase atleast.

Just create them yourself. Download a file converter and chose a music/video file that you have in another format to be converted in to another format for example wmv to mov or wma to mp3 for flv you can use flash for that just create a simple animation then use the video exporter to save it as a flash video rather than as a .swf

If you want to cut them down to shorter version then there a video/audio mixers out there

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.