Your opinion on my prposed new site..

rcorlew

I have been working a new website for our church for a while now. I don't have the back side programmed with all the SQL yet, but all the content will be put there. With that said I don't have a lot of content up yet, but I think you will get the idea of how the layout will function. The church members area will not be a login/registered user area, it will just have content that someone just trying to look at the church my not wish to see. It will also provide the links for the podcasts and stuff along with adverts for upcoming events/needs. The calander will be an active calander with the ability to add events by certain members of the church who will also be the ones adding all the content for their respective areas.

With that said, here is the link:

http://www.corlewland.com/church/index.php

Ok I just fixed the header image, I ws going to do that before posting but I kinda didn't. The colors are supposed to be plainish, I was going for more easy on the eyes, like a Mozart style rather than a loud and vivrant Rock and Roll style. The color scheme is adapted from the color scheme in our church but softened up a bit. I know that is not as exciting as a funny movie gallery, but you wouldn't stay long in a church where the colors are louder than the preacher. Don't get me wrong, we have a very lively and exciting church, but as I did hours of research on these types of sites, all the recomendations were to keep the site easy to navigate, colors simple and the message loud and clear, and never use a picture of the church as the header graphic.

The header image looks better now... the colors are still plain, and that weird box behind the right column looks way out of place.

The tabs are kind of floating still. Instead of tabs, why don't you do boxes for navigation instead, to match the site?

Ok everything is fixed now. Thanks for the suggestions, the colors will stay, but the navebar has changed, removed the div image place holder, now i just use the same background image as the background of the div.

I have always wondered if there was a way to do a resolution detect to allow for background image selection, I had something really cool but was unable to use it since it looked strange at 800 x 600 resolution. I know that browser and bandwith can be tested, but that was something I have never seen before.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.