Two Questions. Code and Solved

To display your code inside a code box, do this:

Your code in here

To mark it as solved, click the solved button. I think it is located near "reply | notify | etc." at the bottom/top. It is only available in forums where questions are supposed to be posted (e.g. "PHP help").

To add code in code boxes warap your code in the code (

) tags. You can also wrap short snippets of code in PHP (

) tags too. Examples:

code tags

<?php echo "hello world"; ?>

php tags

To solve a topic you have created click the Topic Solved button at the very bottom of the post and just before the quick reply box. Note some boards do not have this available.

I am personally against the

-tag for two reasons:

[*]It does not use a monospace font.

[*]It does not add a box clearly seperating code from content and which also allows you to scroll.

Generally my opinion is that [i]all[/i] code should be enclosed in [code]-tags. May it be CSS, HTML, PHP, JavaScript or whatever.

Also note: There is a tag called [nobbc]. Any BBcodes within that will not be parsed. It is especially useful when you want to mention a specific tag so you do not have to do something like [ php], but rather [php]. Example:

[code]The [nobbc][php][/nobbc]-tag[/code]

I never knew you could use ([ php][/code])

On a VBulletin board, they have 3 code type buttons:

- HTML

- CODE

- PHP

Would It be possible to add these to this message board?

Do you mean add the php code button in to the reply box next to the code button?

I am personally against the

-tag for two reasons:

[*]It does not use a monospace font.

[*]It does not add a box clearly seperating code from content and which also allows you to scroll.

Generally my opinion is that [i]all[/i] code should be enclosed in [code]-tags. May it be CSS, HTML, PHP, JavaScript or whatever.

Also note: There is a tag called [nobbc]. Any BBcodes within that will not be parsed. It is especially useful when you want to mention a specific tag so you do not have to do something like [ php], but rather [php]. Example:

[code]The [nobbc][php][/nobbc]-tag[/code]

I agree with what you say about the PHP BBCodes. I usually only use these tags for posting small snippets of code - they are great for posting inline code within sentances/paragraphs in the post. Then use the code BBCcodes for big snippets of code.

I never knew you could use ([ php][/code])

On a VBulletin board, they have 3 code type buttons:

- HTML

- CODE

- PHP

Would It be possible to add these to this message board?

Do you mean add the php code button in to the reply box next to the code button?

the php button (on VBulletin), doesn't even require you to use <?php or <? to colorize the code, it just colorizes it for you.

Below are 2 attachments, the first one is output, and the second one is the coding.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Its the same here too:

echo "hello world";

yeilds:

echo "hello world";

yeilds:

Except SMF doesn't have HTML highlighting. However I'll try:

<table><tr><td>balh</td></tr></table>

yeilds:

<table><tr><td>balh</td></tr></table>

Yep SMF doesnt have html code highlighting. Prehaps ask SMF team (not us) to add it in for the next version.

Could it be possible to put a box around the PHP code?

Is there even a button on the message box to do that?

When the code/php box gets too long, does a scroll bar appear? In VBulletin, a scroll bar appears after, my guess 20 lines, then the page won't get so long.

Example: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101466 -- This is also a good image upload example.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.