Set Timeout / Requests per URL?

roopurt18

There's a specific URL within my website that creates color catalogs and the processing time can cause apache to drop the request.  For now, I've changed httpd.conf to

Timeout 60

However, I'd like to set it back to 30 for the entire site and allow only this specific URL (or URLs matching a specific pattern) to have a longer timeout.

I did a bit of hunting through google and I intend to do more, but if anyone can just throw out a directive or even a link I'd appreciate the saved time.

Thanks!

That's good advice and I thank you for it.  However, there is already a .htaccess file in the root directory that routes all requests through a single .php file.  So effectively this URL I wish to increase the apache timeout for is not a directory where I can put a .htaccess file.

Under these circumstances, what are my options?

The correct line in .htaccess should still work. If it doesn't take the line out of the .htaccess and put it into your httpd.conf.

Php also has timeout settings you may need to look into. These can also be set in a .htaccess file and/or in the php.ini.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.