suggestion (topic solved)

I actually have 2 suggestions I would like to offer.  They may have been discussed before but I didn't seea ny occurences of these 2)

1. I think that the topic solved mod is a great idea.  It really does help to let people know when the answer has been given, and you are done with that post.  I really think it should also be in the misc as well, a lot of people ask questions in misc, and I for one would always marked solve if it was a question related one.

2. In the freelance forum I wish we could have the edit limit removed.  Because there might be time's when people want to edit there original list, for instance there first post has there portfolio links or something, then if they are able to edit it, they could just re-edit it, or something else, instead of having to delete it, because ones that have been there longer have been viewed longer.  A posting there with 650+ views, having to start back at 0 could probably bother someone.

Just some ideas (thanks)

cant speak for the second point.

as for the first, the miscellaneous forum isnt really for solvable questions specifically - rather its for generally everything else.

as the bumf suggests on the main page:

Miscellaneous Topics that do not fall into all of the other forums. You can have personal discussions here about the weather, your car, your dog or whatever.. Have fun :)

considering the examples given in the above text:

1, discussions about weather, dogs, cars, etc don't really need to be solved

2, many of the more serious problems in the Misc category are placed in there to avoid members the task of searching for a more relevent place to post

3, if you need to post so many posts in the Misc forum (ie, your posts arent PHP related), then maybe you'd get better answers posting some of your topics in another forum. I dont mean this in a rude/nasty way - but there are adequate forums here to cover everything PHP related, hence it being phpfreaks.com, not answers.yahoo.com.

so maybe to keep the site's flow, a solved button would be good - but what are YOUR reasons for wanting a solved button in the Misc forum?

2. In the freelance forum I wish we could have the edit limit removed.  Because there might be time's when people want to edit there original list, for instance there first post has there portfolio links or something, then if they are able to edit it, they could just re-edit it, or something else, instead of having to delete it, because ones that have been there longer have been viewed longer.  A posting there with 650+ views, having to start back at 0 could probably bother someone.

Don't know ober's reasoning for not changing it, but here's mine: if you're going to spend the time to go back to a post after 650+ views, you're probably going to want to bump it again, anyway. That being said, the only way to do that is to add a new reply. If you have new information to add or update, the best way to do so would be a new post anyway. If there is a misspelling or something bigger that you catch after 650+ views, you probably are ready for a new thread anyway ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.