Development studio? WYSIWYG?

orangerobot

Hi all,

Can someone recommend a development tool for php/mysql?  I can't seem to find anything out there that is WYSIWYG.  Is there an industry standard?  I've tried Dreamweaver MX 2004 but I wasn't that impressed.

I'm moving some MS Access database and forms to the web and am used to the drag/drop ability (plus some coding in the background).  Is there anything like this for php/mysql?

Thanks,

O.R.

If you want to code with PHP do it yourself don't use WYSIWYG editors. They are fine for HTML and CSS but not programming! 

For drag and drop style functionality to manage a MySQL server/database there are probably such products out there but expect to pay quite high prices for them. I have seen a few, cant remember the names of them, but there where quite expensive.

If you want to code with PHP do it yourself don't use WYSIWYG editors. They are fine for HTML and CSS but not programming! 

For drag and drop style functionality to manage a MySQL server/database there are probably such products out there but expect to pay quite high prices for them. I have seen a few, cant remember the names of them, but there where quite expensive.

Exactly, PHP isn't a design tool like HTML/CSS.

Basically all PHP does, is decided what HTML/CSS to display, what text to display, and it does things on the server that the end user won't see.

What is the best route for me to put up my MS Access database and forms onto the web then?

I don't mind rebuilding them into php/mysql but I don't want to make this harder than it has to be.

-O.R.

I have had very little experience with access but from what I gather it cannot multi task and is MUCH slower than mysql.

As for code, zend studio has a whole library of php code that you can just drag and drop into your scripts - I don't particularly like it but if you need a fast learning curve then I would try to get hold of a copy on the cheap...(not advocating piracy but its too expensive for just for the php enthusiast)

Hey, brother. I believe that for a programmer, besides we get a lot of this, a WYSIWYG, is not a very  good idea. I point out to motives:

1º You are programming, it's not webdesign - that's quite another thing;

2º Learn using templates, it's strongly recommended.

But:

Sorry, (I don't know if this is your case) but you should learn and write the code by core first and then use facilities on programmign issues. Otherwise, If you are working with webdesign I recommend you dreamweaver 8.0, you can update it online and get new features. I use it for create my templates, as I recommended before, then increment the code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.