no image copy

the_oliver

Assuming that you don't actually expect to 'protect' your image from being copied (since it'll be in the visitor's temp. internet files folder on their computerwhen they visit your page), putting  the image as a background in an absolutely sized div and then place a transparent gif the same size in that div might slow down the borrowers.

bottom line is you can't. You can put javascript in to stop the right click working but then you should use javascrip to write the image tag to teh document so that it deosn't appear if they have javascript off.

as soon the path is visible though they can just go and put that in th eaddress bar and they have it. There are methods of hiding the path but its a long time since I have used them and can't remember where the examples are.

The only way I've seen this actually done --- and it was only a proof-of-principle, never meant for the "real world" -- was to pixelate the image into a grid of 1x1 table cells, with background colors.  I guess you could do it with DIVs as well/

there is a method of obfusicating the path to the image OR storing the image in a blob field in a database and using s-s-s to output the image while disableing caching of the page.

That would solve all attempts bar the old screen grab which is so easy to do it makes doing anything at all to stop them pretty much pointless...

But not matter what you decide to do visitors can always use "Print screen" to take a screen dumb of your page and get the image that way...

A solution to his, though I have never tryied it and don't know how to create it, would be to use flash to view it and the flash to detect if "Prt Scr" and when pressed it blackens the image...

Just like when you try to take a screenshot of a dvd-movie from your dvd-player using "Prt Scr"...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.