• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tabletennisman

tabletennisman
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:53 PM

Could somebody please tell me how to upload my mysql database to my host? I've tried to work it out but can't.

Thanks

#2 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:30 AM

Upload from what format?
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

#3 tabletennisman

tabletennisman
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

OK, i've got phpmyadmin and have created my database in that. Now i've got a host and i want to upload my database to them.

Does this make it clearer? (i'm a noob :(

#4 wickning1

wickning1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:34 AM

phpMyAdmin has an export tab that you can access from the database's main structure page. If the target server has phpMyAdmin installed, you can use its import tab to load the data. If that is not a possibility, you can load the data through the command line, reply here and I'll try to instruct you.

#5 tabletennisman

tabletennisman
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

Thanks, i got it uploaded but now i got another problem.

I've just uploaded my database to my host but can't get my database to come up on the pages. I get this error when i open the page:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/tcs.awardspace.com/case.­ php on line 127
Couldn't connect to DB

This is my coding on the 127'th line...

$db = mysql_connect ('localhost:3306', 'toowoomba_parts', 'mypassword') or die ('Couldn\'t connect to DB');
mysql_select_db ('toowoomba_parts', $db) or die ('Couldn\'t select "parts" DB');

Thanks guys!

#6 fenway

fenway
  • Staff Alumni
  • MySQL Si-Fu / PHP Resident Alien
  • 16,199 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

I suggest you take a look at the relevant [a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/can-not-connect-to-server.html\" target=\"_blank\"]refman page[/a]. Hope that helps.
Seriously... if people don't start reading this before posting, I'm going to consider not answering at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users