iFrames

mobrien

Hi guys

I am working on a project at the moment that uses a series of different pages which are loaded into iFrames.
Basically the way it works is that you start with a main page, click on a link which opens up a popup window. From that popup window, there are a series of links which when clicked open up another page inside of an iFrame. Each of these linked pages also contain their own iFrames. So when 2 lots of links are used the page appears like this:

-------------------------------- (starting point)

----------------------- (1st link)

--------------- (2nd link)

Basically my problem is that I want to be able to submit a form from link 2 and have the popup window (starting point) refresh. I have looked at several javascript reload options, but they only appear to reference the parent window which in this case would be 2nd link, not the original page itself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

[!--quoteo(post=351177:date=Mar 3 2006, 11:58 AM:name=Caesar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Caesar @ Mar 3 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]351177[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Don't mean to question your methods but...why make things so complicated? Most people browsing the internet aren't very patient. And a lot of people block popup windows.

*shrug*
[/quote]

To answer your question...

The project is to be used internally on our Intranet so the blocking of popup windows isn't an issue. The reason the iFrames are embedded in the main page is to avoid having to use multiple popup windows as I want the parent pages to remain open.

I know my explanation was long winded but it isn't as complicated as it sounds. Essentially all the user will see is two windows as opposed to multiple popups etc which would confuse my users beyond belief.

[!--quoteo(post=351189:date=Mar 3 2006, 12:24 PM:name=ryanlwh)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ryanlwh @ Mar 3 2006, 12:24 PM) [snapback]351189[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
well i'm not going to question the need for this. you can try parent.opener
[/quote]

Thanks ryanlwh

Unfortunately this doesn't work. I don't know much about javascript but I believe it isn't working because what I have is essentially 3 pages within the 1 window with each page calling the next through links. ie page 2 is called by page 1 and page 3 is called by page 2. So basically page 3 needs to refresh page 1.

Is there a way to name each individual page and reference the page I want to refresh in a window.reload function perhaps?

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.