[SOLVED] Extension for Fire Fox

Ninjakreborn

I have been trying to post stuff in the right areas, this one I have no idea where to post.

There is an extension for firefox, called developers toolkit.  A really powerful one that gives you control over all aspects of the pages.  Can I set it so when you go to

Css  => edit CSS

to where it come's up in another window, a mini pop-up window I can move around or something.  Currently it comes up on the left side, but it makes the page smaller, as well as makes the css itself smaller, so it's hard to use that for on-the-fly editing.  Thanks?

Ok, I appreciate it thank you.  I checked my updates, I was somehow behind like 2-3 mini-versions it seemed.  When I updated I saw the position element there, thanks that was just what I needed.

Now I can play around with it, you know of any for internet explorer.  The on-the-fly css editing is awesome, I hope they eventually get those capabilities for internet explorer, but the one they currently have for it, sucks.

I have firebug but thought it was useless.  I will give it another go and give it a try.  Do you know anything as well for internet explorer, that would also be very, very helpful.

If you're looking at actually modifying the CSS to any degree, your best bet is to copy the source and CSS into a local file and play with it that way. You can then try it in all browsers at once without having to duplicate your work time.

No, it's for development sites.  I work on a site, I go back and forth.

I go into my editor, edit css, save it, upload it, refresh browser.

Same on a local machine.

Edit it in editor, save it, refresh.

I like what firefox has in the web developer, instant changes to changed CSS.  I am just looking for the same thing but for IE as well, so I can do the same changes to IE as needed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.