Creating a portal - Writing/Editing files?

stevesmename

Hello --
I am attempting to create a portal for our employees to use. This is so we can go paperless on one more thing.

I want to have it so the members will login with their PHPBB2 Message boards account and then taken to a portal. - This has been done!

Then I want them to see their own personal files - This has been done!

Now I wish for them to be able to edit the files, not just be able to read them, and when they submit the files, they get saved/modified. - WENT ALTERNATIVE WAY

This is on a IIS 5.x Server with PHP

I took the snippet from here under file management, but it doesn't seem as it is working correctly - because when I click on edit, nothing comes up - it's just the same page - no errors or anything, just the list of editable files. - WENT ALTERNATIVE WAY

[code]code no longer needed.[/code]

MODIFIED [UPDATED]

Alternative Way -
Well no one was helping with the php functions to read/write/edit files, so I'm taking it through msaccess - many reasons why I didn't want to do this, but it's not going to hurt anything.

I have the database setup - I'm working on adding content via a WYSIWYG Editor, and when doing so I get an update SQL Error

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '' <html><head></head><body><align=\'right\'> <strong>Trying to save document.</strong> </align=\'right\'></body></html>''., SQL state 37000 in SQLExecDirect in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards\portal\save.php on line 8
ERROR[/quote]

Now I know it's to do with quotes - is there a script to automatically put a backslash on quotes? it seems the wysiwyg editor (HTMLArea) is trying to do that, but is failing.

Let me know if there are any suggestions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.