[seo] what weird search terms do people find you with?

michaellunsford

Okay, I'm looking through my traffic reports and am finding all kinds of weird search terms people have used to find me. They're mostly variations of my company name, or clients' names that I've done work for. I mean those spiders have really been crawling! Some search terms are four and five layers down.

The funny thing is, I've optimized for terms like my city name and "web developer" but so few people have found me that way that those terms aren't even on the report.

Here are a few of the oddest: "restaurant, bridge, oaks, shadows."

Any other weird SEO stories?

back when my old site was busy and when i was maintaining it, it used to really get some properly bizarre search terms - and some of them ranked very highly in google or MSN's results, with no cost or outlay.

as i love stuff like this, i made a little script quite a while back so i could keep tabs on things like this. take a look for yourself:

http://thedinnertimes.co.uk/sewatch.php

many of the links no longer show any placement any longer, mainly because they were all under another domain.

as i love stuff like this, i made a little script quite a while back so i could keep tabs on things like this. take a look for yourself:

http://thedinnertimes.co.uk/sewatch.php

Oh my, hahaha. You've certainly got me beat on the weird and obscure. If you guys haven't seen his list, it really is quite amusing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.