???

The Little Guy

The catch is that the OP is hoping you'd read it as "How many are left inside the house?"

Which is what I almost did, being tired and all.

:D

Your exactly correct, and the answer is 2, many people read it as how many are left inside the the house, the human brain wants you to think that since it is a math problem, your brain does the math instead.

Here's a quick test of intelligence. There are no tricks to the test, and it looks pretty simple. But let's see how YOU do. Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count aloud the F's in that sentence. Count them QUICKLY AND ONLY ONCE. Do not go back and count them again. What is your answer?

Here's a quick test of intelligence. There are no tricks to the test, and it looks pretty simple. But let's see how YOU do. Read this sentence:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count aloud the F's in that sentence. Count them QUICKLY AND ONLY ONCE. Do not go back and count them again. What is your answer?

Post spoils the result:

Is it ok if you let PHP count them?

<?php
$n = count_chars("FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.");
echo $n[ord("F")];
?>

Anyways, my brain counted three F's in the sentence. After looking at PHP's result I figured out that my brain skipped the F's in the three OF's. Pretty funny...

The answer is six!!

Here is the next one:

Very Tricky math! Note: This riddle MUST only be done in your head only -- do NOT write it down, use a calculator, or any technology available use your brain power only.

* Take 1000 and add:

o 40;

o 1000;

o 30;

o 1000;

o 20;

o 1000;

o and 10.

* What is the new total?

For some reason my brain kept adding a zero at the end of the two-digit numbers... resulting in 5000 >_< The actual result is 4100 though.

I was wondering what the catch was. ;D

Very, very good - I'm going to remember that one.

Read each sentence in sequence. Please don't skip any steps or the mathematics will be thrown off.

Take the following test mentally. Don't write down answers and don't shout them out.

1. Pick a number from 2 to 9. It can be 2 or 9, or any number in-between.

2. Take your number and multiply it by 9.

3. That should give you a 2 digit number. Take these 2 digits and add them together.

4. Take the resulting number and subtract 5 from it.

5. Take that number and correspond it to the alphabet, numbering the letters. A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4 and so on.

6. Take your letter, and think of a country that begins with that letter.

7. Take the last letter in the name of that country, and think of an animal that starts with this letter.

8. Now, take the last letter in the name of that animal, and think of a color that starts with this letter.

9. Oh, and one more thing . . . . .

There aren't any orange kangaroos in Denmark!

The first time I did this I can up with turquiose cats in the dominican republic

fert's puzzle with the steps is designed so that you always get D for your letter.  I have to admit, the first place I thought of that started with a 'D' was Denmark, but I wasn't sure if it was a country.  I had to use google to find another country starting with 'D' and got Dominican Republic.  Which lead to cat and tan.

Anyways, kangaroo is the most probable choice for an animal starting with K and orange is a likely color for one that starts with O.  Well designed puzzle IMO.

I got 4100 on the math one too.

I failed counting the F's.  8[

Here's one my fiance got me with:

Say the word milk ten times.

1) Milk

2) Milk

3) Milk

4) Milk

5) Milk

6) Milk

7) Milk

8) Milk

9) Milk

10) Milk

Now, what do cows drink?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.