Site Redesign

I also moved the columns to the same width as the header like I mentioned before.  I think it looks much better aligned.

jcombs, I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to on this one. In the image you posted, there is about a 7-8 pixel difference in the spacing between the left/center columns and the right/center columns. I'm not sure I follow what you're after with this myself (not that I need to since it's not my site ;) )

I did notice a big difference in spacing on the front page between FF and IE, though. The columns in IE have a huge gap between the banner and where they start. Plus, they are bumped to the right a good bit further than in FF.

I marked in red what I was talking about

Ah, I see now. I'm not sure which way I like better. The way it is currently, the columns are very balanced, but the page looks a little off because of the difference in spacing you mentioned. With the fix you proposed, the page looks better, but the columns are off balanced now... I guess it's one of those six in one, half dozen in the other kind of things that you just have to make a call on and live with it :P

Like obsidian said, my way is off balance on the page sightly, and your way is off balance on the columns.  So, i guess it comes down to personal preferences. I will play with it and see what I like.

Still haven't had time to apply the fixes I listed above, but I will get to that after supper.  Also, I don't know how you managed it, but I couldn't get the shadow drop on the bottom to work.  It kept messing up. :-/  My CSS skills aren't that great, but I want to try and do the entire site in CSS.

cool. thanks.  now it is just messing around with it. I threw together an IE css stylesheet last night, real quick attempt at fixes.  It got rid of some of the problems I noticed in IE, like breaking the layout on my services pages, but it still needs to be perfected to fix the alignment/spacing issues.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.