SQL field like '%field2'

daiwa

I tried googling this but the search terms give off some very erratic results since it is very general.

What i am looking to do is something like this:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE `field1` LIKE %`field2`

this meaning that i want the rows where field 1 contains field2 at the end. (hence the %)
these being text fields.

Mysql 4.1

I don't think it can be done, although i may be wrong

SELECT * FROM table WHERE `field1` LIKE `field2`

works fine, but seeing as that is effectively the same as using = instead of like, it's pretty pointless.

I guess you will need to select the values prior to the LIKE query, and use values instead of field references.

[!--quoteo(post=353276:date=Mar 9 2006, 10:35 AM:name=lessthanthree)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(lessthanthree @ Mar 9 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]353276[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I guess you will need to select the values prior to the LIKE query, and use values instead of field references.
[/quote]

is this even possible in pure sql(or mysql sql)? to go around assigning pseudo variables and the like?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.