PHP Time Calculation

whsjr86

No I do not have any code I have written so far. This is an idea a friend and I came up with for an event we're running at our college and I'm a php noobie, so I was looking here for some help. Any kind of contribution would be greatly appreciated.

I created a simple timeclock system awhile back that I can get you the code for tonight. Basically I just built a MySQL table that held user info, such as username/password/department/etc. Then I built a table that stored an auto_ID, employee_ID which referenced the user table, timestamp column, a column for whether it was a clock in or clock out (0 or 1) and a column for calculated time worked. I think all I did was have two links (one for clock-in, one for clock-out) that access a script checking the last entry for that employee and if they were trying to clock in and it already showed them logged in, it would pass them back with an error message saying that they had already logged in, else it would record the timestamp. When they clocked out, it checked to ensure that they weren't already clocked out, and if not, store the timestamp and calculate the time worked. The admin panel pulled the sum of the time worked for the employee, and period specified. You could also include a column in the employee table for payrate and calculate the employees check taking into account overtime.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.