help me beta test my bulletin board program

hi,

I created version 2 of my Bulletin Board program and I am looking for people to test it out.

currently i have the plague of non-active users so im hoping posting my beta work here will bring some input to my new release.

now the version 2 work can be found here:

http://dev.elite-board.us

I dont have a live demo running currently, though I may add one when its in the 2nd phase.

I'm currently just looking for people to download it and report any bugs to me(theres a bug form on the acp)

if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me :)

thank you very much.

first of all:

you're using undefined variables.

the next thing:

SELECT * FROM ebb_style where id='1'

isn't the best way to select everything. That's extremly slow.

to select everything it's better to use

SELECT `column1`, `column2` FROM `table` WHERE `column1` = 1;

-.-

I installed it again... you don't make a look if the config-file is already set.

ok i will work on the undefined variable item.

as to using *, i tried the method you spoke of, it can get very lagging if i use on something like the settings table as theres way too many things there to define, but your method also conflicts with a function i use, but i'll look into it.

and I'll note the install item for the next release.

just curious: would adding a demo board make testing this easier?

i know a few others have asked about that and im undecided on that, if you think i should, I will install a demo board for further testing :)

so far i have fixed the undefined errors and i am working on optimizing the sql queries as well.

if anyone have feature ideas I am open to it.

so far the next build will contain:

-attachment feature

-user health feature

-support for mysql 5

-expanded support for the group feature

-minor tweaks to current code

an idea in the past was to add a db driver feature to support multiple dbs but i dropped that since I'd need some additional help to make that worth pursuiting after.

hi!

for sure... make a demoboard.

and... what has changed?

Notice: Undefined variable: pass in /Users/lumio/Sites/ebbv2/install/index.php on line 22

Notice: Undefined variable: connect in /Users/lumio/Sites/ebbv2/includes/db.php on line 11

SELECT * FROM ebb_style where id='1'

???

i didnt update the zip file, too many people have already downloaded it for me to change it now.

the change will occur for dev 2, which i think I'll have ready by may or june or late april if i get going on it quickly.

I may add a demo board later this week, i have a slow week coming ahead for me so i'll probably even start work dev 2 so you guys can test that out as well ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd recommend you set up a test install for us to use. I'm not going to install software on my server for testing purposes until I have had a chance to test it for at least major bugs.

Out of curiosity, why the 3 second delay on the download page? That's a bit annoying to me ;)

well after im done with dev 2, i plan to install a demo board.

and as for the 3 second delay, no real reason, i can speed it up if you'd like, i just noticed a lot of site have like a 5 second delay ;)

i should have dev 2 ready soon, just need to add in a couple of features and fix a few bugs i noticed.

I'm also working on a all css template, but i may use that theme for the final as i have some work ahead of me for that :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.