• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 testme

testme
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

I am trying to send an email. I will give the startdate and the enddate with the frequency of the mail to be sent. i.e.,

if I give the start date to be today and end date a week from now and i want the mail to be sent once in 2 days... how am i suppose to do that in php.

I got the mailer working and am able to log the mails in mysql database.

Please let me know if you figure out someting.

Thanks

#2 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

[!--quoteo(post=352124:date=Mar 6 2006, 01:00 PM:name=testme)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(testme @ Mar 6 2006, 01:00 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I am trying to send an email. I will give the startdate and the enddate with the frequency of the mail to be sent. i.e.,

if I give the start date to be today and end date a week from now and i want the mail to be sent once in 2 days... how am i suppose to do that in php.

I got the mailer working and am able to log the mails in mysql database.

Please let me know if you figure out someting.

Thanks
[/quote]

you would basically need to dynamically create a crontab to run on the time or date you need. take a look at [a href=\"http://codewalkers.com/archives/phpcoding/9490.html\" target=\"_blank\"]this discussion[/a] at codewalkers to get pointed in the right direction
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#3 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

This belongs in the PHP Help forums, not the @phpfreaks help forum! Please read the rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users