logo for pc repair company

jcombs_31

Once you realize it's a mouse, it's obviously not a moon; the endpoints of the opening are too close together.

But giving it just a quick, casual glance, I saw a moon.  It was actually the endpoints being too close together that caused me to pay greater attention to it.

Maybe adding a light shade of color to the mouse that dithers at the opening would help.  Something to try...

You could also just try rotating the mouse so that it's oriented how people are used to seeing them.  I'm used to the buttons facing up; no one draws a moon with the opening facing down so I think it'd help avoid confusion.

i saw a moon too, but Chris' spin on things definitely keeps the same overall effect but without that initial perception.

However - I don't mean to sound overly harsh or critical here, as I'm pretty terrible when it comes to design and logos - but it seems more appropriate to a Solicitors or a funeral directors than an IT company, and I thing it's definitely the font that's doing it. Don't get me wrong - it's a fantastic logo - but not for what you're trying to achieve.

agreed. much better font. i can't decide though whether i like the "personal" word blending in with the mouse, like on Chris' mock (which makes the mouse more involved with the logo as opposed to just being on the side), or whether it's tidier your way. hmm. Maybe one to try and see.

I think that the font shown in your current version - a very dignified 'classic' font - conveys the wrong message.  I'd expect a sans-seif font to work better, possibly even the same font as Microsoft use as their own logo ... which might even reinforce the visitor's notion that it's a personal computer site (your's, not Microsoft's)

I like it.  You can easily tell it's a mouse now (which is not a bad logo idea to begin with).  In your first logo design I thought it was like a hammer sickle or something.  No one wants to get pc support from the commies lol.  I also think the font style is appealing.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.