Dynamic arrays?

embsupafly

Need a bit of help to find the right solution i have a form that posts to a logic php file, the snippet from the form looks like this:

[code]

$parts_block .= "<option value=\"$part_number\">$part_number: $description ($vendor) \$$price</option>";

for ($i=1;$i<=10;$i++) {
$table_rows .= "
   <tr>
    <td width=\"80%\" class=\"form\"><select name=\"pc[]\">$parts_block</select></td>
    <td width=\"20%\" class=\"form\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"qpc[]\" size=\"2\"></td>
  </tr>";
}

[/code]

So it creates 10 table rows with dynamically named select names.

It then hits the logic file which has snippets like this:

[code]

function isv() {
foreach($_POST['pc'] as $choices => $value) {
    if (!empty($value)) {
    $choices = "pc_" . "$choices";
    print "$choices is $value <br>";
    }
}

print "<br><br>";

foreach($_POST['qpc'] as $quantities => $value) {
    if (!empty($value)) {
    $quantities = "qpc_" . "$quantities";
    print "$quantities is $value <br>";
    }
}

}

[/code]

This prints out the dynamically named form field names with teh associated post value.

I need to add this to a database where each $choices $value are associated with each $quantities $value .

So in the form if I selected Item bg-456 with a quantity of 6 and item ad-345 with a quantity of 3, it only adds two rows to the table with the associated data.

Try something like this:

[code]<?
function isv() {
    foreach($_POST['pc'] as $choices => $value) {
        if (!empty($value) && !empty($_POST['qpc'][$choices])) {
            // do DB query here
            // use $value for the current $_POST['pc'] value
            // and use $_POST['qpc'][$choices] as the current $_POST['qpc'] value
            // e.g.:
            mysql_query(" insert into things (partnumber,quantity) VALUES ('".(int)$value."','".(int)$_POST['qpc'][$choices]."')");
        }
    }
}
?>[/code]

Perfect, it worked. Now for a curve ball. At this point I really do not want it to add these to the database, instead I would like to set them all as Session Vars to where I can add them later to the database after another step or two in the invoice process.

How would I get each one of these values with associated quantities into a session var, and then how would I do the insert based on the session vars?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.