GDrive...

steelmanronald06

I used one of my 100 invites to create a 5th GMail account. *blushes* (I have about 500 - 600 invites for gmail...hahaha). Anyways, I created this newest account so I could use it to devote to my new Virtual Disk Drive...GDrive.

So far I like it, and havn't had any problems out of it...apart from the usual bugs in a Beta version.

1) Any security risk?
2) Do you have it?
3) If yes, what do you think of it?
4) If no, what do you think of it from just reading about it?
5) Are you considering getting it if you don't already have it?

Answers to those questions would be great, and anything else you would like to add. This helps me and the rest of the technological community.

1) There's probably a security risk, but it's probably not a big one.
2) Tried it, didn't use it hardly at all, uninstalled it.
3) It's alright, but if I want to store something on the web... why wouldn't I just FTP it to my web hosting?

I use FileZilla, and their awesome ability to save connections and use quick connect. Even so, I have about 20 different connection settings. Having a GDrive is really cool, and I use it to store my music files. That is the main reason. If you store music files on FTP, you have to put them on your computer to listen to them with things such as Music Match, Media Player, or any other favorite music program. With the GDrive it is like their stored on your computer, and can play them staright from the GDrive without downloading them.

Guest askjames01
Yo, [b]steelmanronald06[/b] i thought i was the only one using the[b] FILEZiLLA [/b]now i have a mate... :)
Yeah, it's true that it is easy to use and i often also use it.. But of course i don't still trust it..
But thanks anyway to the creator of FILEZILLA and because it's FREE! :)

and regarding with GMAIL i think it's useless to me because i'm using only DIAL-UP connection...
Actually i don't see a BIG DEAL with [b]GMAIL Drive[/b], a virtual Cyber Drive heeh?.

And how did you guys grow your invites into [b]100[/b]?

my invites is only [b]15[/b]...

-/james

Guest askjames01
Hi, [b]AV1611[/b]... :)
what happened to your cute AVATAR bro?

I think that was fun before, compare to your current AVATAR...

Yeah tis true that FileZilla is great. The GDrive is awesome...I really like it. I have thosands of music files saved on my GDrive. I got 100 invites because I was a late joiner and the late joiners are getting 100. With 5 accounts I have almost reached 500 invites :-D . As soon as I hit 600, as soon as I think of a reason for another account, I plan to bid them on EBay. Yeah almost anyone can get them for free, but you still have the suckers out there who will pay 5 dollars via PayPal for an invite.

Anyways, back to the GDrive. I just installed it on a friends Linux computer. Took me about 2 hours, it is a bit complaciated, but I got it working. My friend is really good at hacking Linux and done something really cool (don't ask, I don't remember what he did). He has two GMail accounts sharing ONE GDrive. It is really cool.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.