Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

massive

Getting the MAX() date problem: Error

Hi guyz...its me again heheheh....i was wondering how to view only the recent data by refferring to its date my querying seems to be wrong...

For example:

a customer paid at the date of 2006-03-02...this is the last time he paid....so when i view his information the most recent date would be or should be view "2006-03-02"...not 2006-03-01...not 2006-02-28....etc...

$query = "SELECT * FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username' AND Dated = MAX(Dated) AS most";

"in here i have errors i know my placing of "max(date) as most" is wrong...this comes in handy if i do this"

$query = "SELECT *, MAX(Dated) AS most FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username'";

"i was wondering how could i do this in terms of using WHERE....."

Algorithm: Select everything from dates where this is the user and the date of the user is the most recent...

tnx...^__^

instead of using
SELECT *, MAX(Dated) AS most FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username'

You could try and use:
SELECT TOP 1 * FROM dataz ORDER BY dated DESC

that will order the date so latest is at the top and just select that single record.. i think :)

[!--quoteo(post=352445:date=Mar 7 2006, 05:43 AM:name=shocker-z)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(shocker-z @ Mar 7 2006, 05:43 AM) [snapback]352445[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
instead of using
SELECT *, MAX(Dated) AS most FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username'

You could try and use:
SELECT TOP 1 * FROM dataz ORDER BY dated DESC
that will order the date so latest is at the top and just select that single record.. i think :)
[/quote]

about the "TOP 1" thing is that the same with "LIMIT 1"?...anyways thanks shocker-z ^__^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.