Trouble using MAX() Date

massive

Hi guyz...its me again heheheh....i was wondering how to view only the recent data by refferring to its date my querying seems to be wrong...

For example:

a customer paid at the date of 2006-03-02...this is the last time he paid....so when i view his information the most recent date would be or should be view "2006-03-02"...not 2006-03-01...not 2006-02-28....etc...

$query = "SELECT * FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username' AND Dated = MAX(Dated) AS most";

"in here i have errors i know my placing of "max(date) as most" is wrong...this comes in handy if i do this"

$query = "SELECT *, MAX(Dated) AS most FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username'";

"i was wondering how could i do this in terms of using WHERE....."

Algorithm: Select everything from dates where this is the user and the date of the user is the most recent...

tnx...^__^

[!--quoteo(post=352420:date=Mar 7 2006, 02:37 AM:name=Barand)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Barand @ Mar 7 2006, 02:37 AM) [snapback]352420[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
pull them in descending date order

[code]$query = "SELECT * FROM dataz WHERE username = '$username' ORDER BY dated DESC LIMIT 1";[/code]
[/quote]

Thanks Sir Barand ^____^

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.