SSH access denied

o3d

Good day,

I have a strange problem when trying to ssh to my debian box (my laptop) from my home pc (windows xp). From putty it gives me the option to enter my login and password, but gives access denied. My work pc (windows xp) can ssh and login with no problems. Now the strange part is I tail -f the auth.* file in /var/log/ and don't see anything coming in on ssh when putty'ing from my home pc, BUT when i telnet to port 22 on the debian box, i do get an entry in the auth file. Now i assume the problem resides on my home pc, so i disabled all firewalls on my home pc and checked on the debian box and all the files are still default configuration entries.

I think maybe it's my keyboard?! If anyhose has any ideas, please let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.