1 reply to this topic

#1 TronB24

TronB24
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

Currently I have a page that queries a database and displays all the registered users for my site. Now, I would like this page in a seperate directory with user login page that needs to entered in order to view this page. I have an idea how to build the login page and query that db for a registered user, but my question is; Would I need to created a additional table in the same database that contains the user name and password for the admin or would I need to created a seperate database for that?

Thanks in advance for any input.
...that depends on what the definition of "is" is.

#2 Plazman65

Plazman65
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:44 PM

[!--quoteo(post=352530:date=Mar 7 2006, 07:07 AM:name=Tron)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tron @ Mar 7 2006, 07:07 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Currently I have a page that queries a database and displays all the registered users for my site. Now, I would like this page in a seperate directory with user login page that needs to entered in order to view this page. I have an idea how to build the login page and query that db for a registered user, but my question is; Would I need to created a additional table in the same database that contains the user name and password for the admin or would I need to created a seperate database for that?

Thanks in advance for any input.
[/quote]
If I understand your question right. From what I was reading that you should definately have a different area for your admin users at the minimum a different table. I am still learning and one of the tutorials Im going through did just that. Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users