Using a login system to view db results

TronB24

Currently I have a page that queries a database and displays all the registered users for my site. Now, I would like this page in a seperate directory with user login page that needs to entered in order to view this page. I have an idea how to build the login page and query that db for a registered user, but my question is; Would I need to created a additional table in the same database that contains the user name and password for the admin or would I need to created a seperate database for that?

Thanks in advance for any input.

[!--quoteo(post=352530:date=Mar 7 2006, 07:07 AM:name=Tron)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Tron @ Mar 7 2006, 07:07 AM) [snapback]352530[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Currently I have a page that queries a database and displays all the registered users for my site. Now, I would like this page in a seperate directory with user login page that needs to entered in order to view this page. I have an idea how to build the login page and query that db for a registered user, but my question is; Would I need to created a additional table in the same database that contains the user name and password for the admin or would I need to created a seperate database for that?

Thanks in advance for any input.
[/quote]
If I understand your question right. From what I was reading that you should definately have a different area for your admin users at the minimum a different table. I am still learning and one of the tutorials Im going through did just that. Michelle

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.