• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gregcool

gregcool
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

I am not quite sure how to word what I am looking for in order to find it via searches.

I am creating a page for my clan on Halo 2. For the members page, I would like to try to show their pic/name, then when they click on the pic, I want to expand out their profile info in the same general area (don't want to open a new page, but want to be able to hide and expand their profiles). Could anyone give me any recommendations on this, or maybe some different ideas. Really just need to know what to search for.

Thanks

#2 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

well, you'd need to use javascript for that, so i'll move this topic to that forum as you'll probably get some more accurate responses for what you're after there.

basically, what you'll need to do is echo in the markup the entire profile for each user, but HIDE the div containing their profile initially using CSS. then, when they click on a corresponding image, simply change that div back to being visible. the tricky part is keeping track of which one is open so they can then click on the image again to hide the one that's open...
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#3 gregcool

gregcool
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

Thanks, I'll look into some javascripts. If anyone else as any ideas, that would be great, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users