• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snake82

snake82
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

I was wondering if it's possible to create a script for phpbb that resets the database every 24 hours and only keeps 2 users that I specify and all changes to the forum since the original backup are deleted? If so how would I do this? All help is appreciated!
Regards snake82

#2 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

[!--quoteo(post=352565:date=Mar 7 2006, 01:21 PM:name=snake82)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(snake82 @ Mar 7 2006, 01:21 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I was wondering if it's possible to create a script for phpbb that resets the database every 24 hours and only keeps 2 users that I specify and all changes to the forum since the original backup are deleted? If so how would I do this? All help is appreciated!
Regards snake82
[/quote]

it's possible to do just about whatever you can imagine ;-). what you'll need to question is what will be feasable to run? i don't have time to delve into the workings of phpBB with you at the moment, but i would recommend running something like this:

create your active DB
create your backup DB
when you run your cron job to restore the backup, just TRUNCATE all your tables in the active copy
then, do a SELECT INTO from your backup to your active DB

hope this helps give you some direction.

also, i'm moving this to the 3rd party scripts section.

good luck!
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#3 Brenty

Brenty
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

I'm guessing that auto-cropping doesn't go far enough, and that you need to delete users as well? Perhaps another way to approach this would be to set auto-cropping, and have some auto-crop users MOD created as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users