Easy Question / Easy Answer

stevesmename

When using check boxes in forms on HTML Pages -- I send the data over to PHP and then request to pull the data from the checkbox -- BUT if the checkbox wasn't selected, then a notice displays on the screen saying variable not defined.

How do I get this notice to not display.

I know I can shut it off in php.ini settings, but I rather not do this way - I like to debug my errors.

-- Thanks for your help.

[!--quoteo(post=352641:date=Mar 7 2006, 02:06 PM:name=stevesmename)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(stevesmename @ Mar 7 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]352641[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
When using check boxes in forms on HTML Pages -- I send the data over to PHP and then request to pull the data from the checkbox -- BUT if the checkbox wasn't selected, then a notice displays on the screen saying variable not defined.
How do I get this notice to not display.
I know I can shut it off in php.ini settings, but I rather not do this way - I like to debug my errors.
-- Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

You can also put an @ in front of your variable...as in:

$info = @$_POST['checkbox2'];

Well, I would really need to see the form and know exactly what you want to do with the form before I could make a good suggestion. I don't like to just hide errors when they occur, I like to prevent them from ever occuring. One method would be to use if ( isset($_POST['checkbox1']) ) { }. If that checkbox is checked then do whatever it is you wanted to do with it. If the script can be processed dynamically then I may have a few more tricks up my sleeve you may be interested in. Please, give some more details on the script and the form and I will try to assist you further.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.