1 reply to this topic

#1 colemanm

colemanm
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Hi,

On a site I'm developing (sorta gettin' the hang of PHP still...), I've got a full user authentication method set up, but I'm looking for a way to have an idle session expire after X minutes. I then want to have it so on the next browser event (refresh, page load, etc), the user will be redirected to the login page, and after re-entering credentials, be redirected back where they were (i.e. their account page). This sounds like it shouldn't be to difficult, I was just looking to see what the easiest method would be.

Thanks,
- Coleman

#2 XenoPhage

XenoPhage
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

[!--quoteo(post=352898:date=Mar 8 2006, 12:04 PM:name=Coleman McCormick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Coleman McCormick @ Mar 8 2006, 12:04 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi,

On a site I'm developing (sorta gettin' the hang of PHP still...), I've got a full user authentication method set up, but I'm looking for a way to have an idle session expire after X minutes. I then want to have it so on the next browser event (refresh, page load, etc), the user will be redirected to the login page, and after re-entering credentials, be redirected back where they were (i.e. their account page). This sounds like it shouldn't be to difficult, I was just looking to see what the easiest method would be.

Thanks,
- Coleman
[/quote]

Here, check this out.. I think this does what you want : [a href=\"http://www.godshell.com/oss/secure-login.tar.gz\" target=\"_blank\"]Secure Login Code[/a]
--
[a href=\"http://blog.godshell.com\" target=\"_blank\"]XenoPhage[/a]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming.[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users