Timeing out

spelltwister

Hello,

First off, I was wondering if this is a PHP error or a server error and if it is, how do i make the time increase:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/online/public_html/...

Second, because the script is timing out, i was wondering if someone could help me with an array question.

I have an array: $offense_infantry = array( "number" => array(), "nation" => array() );

What happens is a bunch of infantry pieces go into this array and they can have different numbers to represent how many are there. During combat, I do this:

$upper = sizeof($offense_infantry["nation"]);
$index = rand(0,$upper-1);
if($offense_infantry["number"][$index] > 0){
$attInfantry--;
$offense_infantry["number"][$index] -= 1;
$k+=1;
}
if($offense_infantry["number"][$index] ==0){
unset($offense_infantry["number"][$index]);
unset($offense_infantry["nation"][$index]);
}

Ok, now that it's unset, I don't want to be able to hit that unit again, i want it out of the array and all the rest smushed together. Is this right? Also, after each combat, i want to unset all my arrays, can i just do this:
unset($offense_infantry); ?

Thanks.

Mike

[!--quoteo(post=353089:date=Mar 9 2006, 12:16 AM:name=spelltwister)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(spelltwister @ Mar 9 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]353089[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello,

First off, I was wondering if this is a PHP error or a server error and if it is, how do i make the time increase:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/online/public_html/...

Second, because the script is timing out, i was wondering if someone could help me with an array question.

I have an array: $offense_infantry = array( "number" => array(), "nation" => array() );

What happens is a bunch of infantry pieces go into this array and they can have different numbers to represent how many are there. During combat, I do this:

$upper = sizeof($offense_infantry["nation"]);
$index = rand(0,$upper-1);
if($offense_infantry["number"][$index] > 0){
$attInfantry--;
$offense_infantry["number"][$index] -= 1;
$k+=1;
}
if($offense_infantry["number"][$index] ==0){
unset($offense_infantry["number"][$index]);
unset($offense_infantry["nation"][$index]);
}

Ok, now that it's unset, I don't want to be able to hit that unit again, i want it out of the array and all the rest smushed together. Is this right? Also, after each combat, i want to unset all my arrays, can i just do this:
unset($offense_infantry); ?

Thanks.

Mike
[/quote]

the error message your getting something that is set in the PHP.ini file, which looks like it's set to 30 seconds, so a php script cannot take more than 30 seconds to complete.