• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dartking69

Dartking69
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

I am trying clear all websites on my work computer. But when I go through normal steps of clearing cache I can still go to my browser and start to type in WWW.B and the website I thought was gone auto fills in how can I get rid of this so I can not be traced? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 littlened

littlened
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

[!--quoteo(post=353254:date=Mar 9 2006, 02:31 PM:name=Jerry1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Jerry1 @ Mar 9 2006, 02:31 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I am trying clear all websites on my work computer. But when I go through normal steps of clearing cache I can still go to my browser and start to type in WWW.B and the website I thought was gone auto fills in how can I get rid of this so I can not be traced? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

if your using internet explorer I believe it tools > internet options > clear history

#3 Dartking69

Dartking69
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:53 PM

I've tried that but when i try to start typing in my browser like WWW.b the rest fills in the old website like it was never erased. Any ideas?
if your using internet explorer I believe it tools > internet options > clear history
[/quote]

#4 whatthe

whatthe
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

Hang there, Explorer or Mozilla?

Explorer: Right click IE

goto: properties

click: ''privacy'' tab

click: ''autocomplete'' button

click all three and ''clear forms'' & ''clear passwords''

#5 Dartking69

Dartking69
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

That seems to have worked. What else can I do to make sure my employer can not back track anything to find what web-sites i have been on?

#6 XenoPhage

XenoPhage
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

[!--quoteo(post=353306:date=Mar 9 2006, 12:01 PM:name=Jerry1)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Jerry1 @ Mar 9 2006, 12:01 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That seems to have worked. What else can I do to make sure my employer can not back track anything to find what web-sites i have been on?
[/quote]

Umm.. what exactly does this have to do with PHP and/or MySQL?
--
[a href=\"http://blog.godshell.com\" target=\"_blank\"]XenoPhage[/a]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Something mysterious is formed, born in the silent void. Waiting alone and unmoving, it is at once still and yet in constant motion. It is the source of all programs. I do not know its name, so I will call it the Tao of Programming.[/quote]

#7 wickning1

wickning1
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

Your employer can easily set up the company gateway to log all web traffic. You can't erase that without access. The only way to ensure your privacy is to make a secure connection to a trusted proxy BEFORE you browse. Of course, your employer may be curious about all the secure traffic to an off-site machine, but it's somewhat rare for someone to watch things that closely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users