login

Twentyoneth

I need login help, I want to make an admin login on my site, where if the admin is logged in, it will show you special admin links, but I dont know how to go about it...

if ($admin == 1) {
include "adminlinks.php";
} else {
include "mainlinks.php";
}

The problem is, I dont know how to make admin == 1 for just me, and not when I'm signed in, everyone else will see the admin links as well....any help?

[!--quoteo(post=353330:date=Mar 9 2006, 06:48 PM:name=Twentyoneth)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Twentyoneth @ Mar 9 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]353330[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I need login help, I want to make an admin login on my site, where if the admin is logged in, it will show you special admin links, but I dont know how to go about it...

if ($admin == 1) {
include "adminlinks.php";
} else {
include "mainlinks.php";
}

The problem is, I dont know how to make admin == 1 for just me, and not when I'm signed in, everyone else will see the admin links as well....any help?
[/quote]

You should really look into the guide on the main page about making a log in system.. ;d

I didnt really understand that tutorial on user authentication on the main page, and I read a few things I didnt like, like how someone mentioned with that script one could easily go to the php info and see the user and pass info, which defeats the purpose. Wouldnt you think? Is there any other explanations or help on this, as I am very confused?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.