createTextNode + appendChild

KevinM1

Right, but I thought the whole issue was that you wanted the sizing to be exact?!?

Right...I want the physical size of the calendar's dates to be exact across the board.  However, I know that each date that has an appointment set for it will have content that will be bigger than the size of the date-block itself, hence my desire for a vertical scrollbar so the user can scroll through those dates that have appointments.  As it stands right now, my calendar is huge because the content stretches the dates vertically.

Well, I always had fixed width "cells", and then simply toggled the overflow on mouseover.

Interesting idea...  Are your cell heights fixed too?  Because that's where my frustration lies.  I can fix the widths now, by putting the content in a div, but height remains a problem.

Do you have any examples you wouldn't mind me looking at?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.