Photo

change stylesheet ref depending on session id ???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newmedia

newmedia
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Is there any way of changing the way a MySQL record is displayed (using css) depending on its row $id ?

i tried to add the stylesheet href ($style) to each row in the databasese and incorporate that in the pages header :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../assets/<?php echo "$style" ?id=$id" ?>">

I'm thinking this didnt work for loads of resons.

I'm no expert as you might have gathered.

..so just to clarify,

I need my dynamic form to display the data differently, depending on the row id / session id .

Any suggestions

Tim

#2 keeB

keeB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:25 PM

[!--quoteo(post=353660:date=Mar 10 2006, 05:11 PM:name=newmedia)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(newmedia @ Mar 10 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Is there any way of changing the way a MySQL record is displayed (using css) depending on its row $id ?

i tried to add the stylesheet href ($style) to each row in the databasese and incorporate that in the pages header :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../assets/<?php echo "$style" ?id=$id" ?>">

I'm thinking this didnt work for loads of resons.

I'm no expert as you might have gathered.
..so just to clarify,

I need my dynamic form to display the data differently, depending on the row id / session id .

Any suggestions

Tim
[/quote]

This shouldn't be a problem, really.. If you really want to use this approach, then I would go something like..

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../assets/<?=$userid;?>.css">

If the userid variable contained 1482, the output would look like..

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../assets/1482.css">

Just make sure the CSS file is there, and it will work [=

Come visit my site to see my latest projects
http://nick.stinemates.org/wordpress/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users