Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdrianR

how to...

People how can I get the number of field in a table?
and how can i get the number of entrys in a field?
thanks in advance:)

[!--quoteo(post=353715:date=Mar 10 2006, 03:55 PM:name=adrianR)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(adrianR @ Mar 10 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]353715[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
People how can I get the number of field in a table?
[/quote]

mysql_num_fields -- Get number of fields in result
[a href=\"http://www.php.net/mysql_num_fields\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.php.net/mysql_num_fields[/a]

to get the number of columns in a table:
[code]$query = "SHOW COLUMNS FROM tablename";
$result = mysql_query($query);
$colcount = mysql_num_rows($result);
[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=353715:date=Mar 10 2006, 03:55 PM:name=adrianR)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(adrianR @ Mar 10 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]353715[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
and how can i get the number of entrys in a field?
[/quote]

Not sure what you mean.

You could do an sql query:
[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']SELECT[/span] [color=blue]COUNT[/color](fieldname) [color=green]FROM[/color] [color=orange]tablename[/color] [color=green]WHERE[/color] fieldname ![color=orange]=[/color] NULL [color=blue]AND[/color] fieldname ![color=orange]=[/color] "" [!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]

thanks in advance:)
[/quote]

Your welcome, afterward.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.