Hello, I am New, And I have Some Q's

Okay, as the title said, I am new. I just have a couple of questions.

My main purpose for PHP with be for people being able to sign up for accounts on my website.

I am using www.addyour.net as a server. And [a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com\" target=\"_blank\"]www.freewebs.com[/a] as a web host. I see some sites sometimes end with .php. How do I make this happen, or do I need to.

With the server I am using, I am unsure about how to enable my pages on the server. (Mine is [a href=\"http://www.wettire.itsmyland.com\" target=\"_blank\"]www.wettire.itsmyland.com[/a]) What I am trying to figure out, how do I get the php codes to go to that certian page with the php codes on it.

[b][u]For Example[/u][/b]
<html><head>
<title>Login</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Please log in below:</h1>
<p><form action="login.php" method="post">Username: <input type="text" name="user" size="20"><br />
Password: <input type="password" name="pass" size="20"></form></p>
</body></html>

How do I get login.php to go to that certian page. Is it as easy as putting in the website URL?

I was also confused on what pages of to be of php format. And for [a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com\" target=\"_blank\"]freewebs.com[/a], how do I make those pages .php.

Thank-you
--Nate
[a href=\"mailto:dowg.nate@gmail.com\"]dowg.nate@gmail.com[/a]

Whoa!
Back the truck up!

Let me do some 'splaining for you...

First,

Your webserver should have a default document name that it will display automatically whenever someone goes to your site... Actually, usually several name.

For example,

my server looks for index.html
if it does not find it then
index.php
then
whatever....

If it doesn't find one on the list, you get page not found... even if you have other files there...

So...

You need to find out what your default doc name/names are...

Then, if it's not a PHP name, and you wish to run PHP (assuming you're on a PHP enabled server), then you will have to forward the user to your .PHP page.

Now you are ready to start building your script...

[b]Wants to Learn [/b]are you hosted at freewebs.com? If you are then you cannot use php as it not available to you quotef from freewebs.com's FAQ's:
[quote]What about MySQL, MSACCESS, and PHP?
Unfortunately, Freewebs does not offer these functions.[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.