2 replies to this topic

#1 russia5

russia5
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hello, I have folders on my site that no matter what permissions I give them in the Cpanel, I still can not remove them. I was told, that using php, you could make a file restrictive to other than the normal ugo that you find in the CPanel. How do you give these folders these permissions and how do I remove these permissions so I can remove the folders/files that are presently on my site. (this is assuming that my information is accurate of course)

#2 keeB

keeB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:45 AM

[!--quoteo(post=354023:date=Mar 11 2006, 10:03 PM:name=russia5)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(russia5 @ Mar 11 2006, 10:03 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hello, I have folders on my site that no matter what permissions I give them in the Cpanel, I still can not remove them. I was told, that using php, you could make a file restrictive to other than the normal ugo that you find in the CPanel. How do you give these folders these permissions and how do I remove these permissions so I can remove the folders/files that are presently on my site. (this is assuming that my information is accurate of course)
[/quote]

do you have ftp access?

Come visit my site to see my latest projects
http://nick.stinemates.org/wordpress/

#3 greycap

greycap
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:07 AM

[!--quoteo(post=354023:date=Mar 11 2006, 04:03 PM:name=russia5)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(russia5 @ Mar 11 2006, 04:03 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I was told, that using php, you could make a file restrictive to other than the normal ugo that you find in the CPanel.
[/quote]

You heard wrong, mate. As far as user permissions go, php just does what the system lets it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users