percent symbol

pneudralics

[!--quoteo(post=354135:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]354135[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
{%TITLE%}

Can someone tell me what that means? Couldn't find a search for it. Very newbie, but I am a newbie. :)
[/quote]

Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?

[!--quoteo(post=354136:date=Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM:name=keeB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(keeB @ Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM) [snapback]354136[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?
[/quote]

I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

[code]
<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=354144:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]354144[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

[code]
<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>[/code]
[/quote]

Looks like a templating system. Is a script you have downloaded? If it is, then there will be a PHP that searches through your html files and replaces the text like above with actual content.

Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ? Since {%TITLE%} is a variable there should be some file that has something like this:

{%TITLE%}="THE WEIRDO";

correct??

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?

[!--quoteo(post=355972:date=Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]355972[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ?

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?
[/quote]

{%TITLE%} in a page is not actually PHP syntax. it is part of a template that allows you to separate your markup from your code. basically, you'll load a page that is all markup, but it will include certain tags such as the one you mentioned that will dynamically be replaced with values via PHP. this may be a little bit of an oversimplification, but it gives you the idea. it IS NOT PHP syntax, though.

How would I assign values to something like {%TITLE%} ?
When I'm finish assigning values to it what extention should I save it as? .tpl?
Once that's done all I have to do is include the file and enter {%TITLE%} in my .php file and it'll show what that's assigned to correct?

Thanks for the help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.