Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pneudralics

percent symbol

{%TITLE%}

Can someone tell me what that means? Couldn't find a search for it. Very newbie, but I am a newbie. :)

[!--quoteo(post=354135:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]354135[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
{%TITLE%}

Can someone tell me what that means? Couldn't find a search for it. Very newbie, but I am a newbie. :)
[/quote]

Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?

[!--quoteo(post=354136:date=Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM:name=keeB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(keeB @ Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM) [snapback]354136[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?
[/quote]

I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

[code]
<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>[/code]

[!--quoteo(post=354144:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]354144[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

[code]
<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>[/code]
[/quote]

Looks like a templating system. Is a script you have downloaded? If it is, then there will be a PHP that searches through your html files and replaces the text like above with actual content.

Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ? Since {%TITLE%} is a variable there should be some file that has something like this:

{%TITLE%}="THE WEIRDO";

correct??

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?

[!--quoteo(post=355972:date=Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]355972[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ?

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?
[/quote]

{%TITLE%} in a page is not actually PHP syntax. it is part of a template that allows you to separate your markup from your code. basically, you'll load a page that is all markup, but it will include certain tags such as the one you mentioned that will dynamically be replaced with values via PHP. this may be a little bit of an oversimplification, but it gives you the idea. it IS NOT PHP syntax, though.

How would I assign values to something like {%TITLE%} ?
When I'm finish assigning values to it what extention should I save it as? .tpl?
Once that's done all I have to do is include the file and enter {%TITLE%} in my .php file and it'll show what that's assigned to correct?

Thanks for the help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.