#1 pneudralics

pneudralics
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:02 AM

{%TITLE%}

Can someone tell me what that means? Couldn't find a search for it. Very newbie, but I am a newbie. :)

#2 keeB

keeB
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:06 AM

[!--quoteo(post=354135:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:02 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
{%TITLE%}

Can someone tell me what that means? Couldn't find a search for it. Very newbie, but I am a newbie. :)
[/quote]

Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?

Come visit my site to see my latest projects
http://nick.stinemates.org/wordpress/

#3 pneudralics

pneudralics
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

[!--quoteo(post=354136:date=Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM:name=keeB)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(keeB @ Mar 12 2006, 06:06 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you give some context.. code example you're trying to look at, something?
[/quote]

I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>

#4 Gast

Gast
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:39 AM

[!--quoteo(post=354144:date=Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 12 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I just wanted to know what the % is for. It's in a table and when you view it it shows the word TITLE.

<table style="width:100%;" class="mainmenu5" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4">
            <tr>
            <td style="font-size:8pt;">
                <b>{%TITLE%}</b>
            </td>
            </tr>
            </table>
[/quote]

Looks like a templating system. Is a script you have downloaded? If it is, then there will be a PHP that searches through your html files and replaces the text like above with actual content.

OS and Internet Specs:
Windows XP (with SP2), 1680x1050, PHP 4, MySQL 3, Internet Explorer 6 &7 /FireFox 2.0/Opera 9.2

Tutorials:
Simple Introduction to AJAX and XMLHttpRequest
Creating Live Data with AJAX Making a Google Suggest like application

#5 pneudralics

pneudralics
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ? Since {%TITLE%} is a variable there should be some file that has something like this:

{%TITLE%}="THE WEIRDO";

correct??

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?

#6 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

[!--quoteo(post=355972:date=Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM:name=pneudralics)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(pneudralics @ Mar 17 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Uhmm.. is {%TITLE%} the same as $TITLE ?

Looked at all the html files and didn't see any values that are set to {%TITLE%}. Does it have to be in .html extension or can it be something else too?
[/quote]

{%TITLE%} in a page is not actually PHP syntax. it is part of a template that allows you to separate your markup from your code. basically, you'll load a page that is all markup, but it will include certain tags such as the one you mentioned that will dynamically be replaced with values via PHP. this may be a little bit of an oversimplification, but it gives you the idea. it IS NOT PHP syntax, though.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#7 pneudralics

pneudralics
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

How would I assign values to something like {%TITLE%} ?
When I'm finish assigning values to it what extention should I save it as? .tpl?
Once that's done all I have to do is include the file and enter {%TITLE%} in my .php file and it'll show what that's assigned to correct?

Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users